Quarantine issues

Miss W. has been in contact with the quarantine services here in Australia. Tasmania is a clean, green state of Australia and have very particular rules about what can be brought back into the state.

Do you have any special quarantine rules in your state or province?

Are we going to be allowed to bring Vegemite into your state?  

I reckon the students would love to taste some Australian food, like Vegemite, when we visit.

Image: ‘reg’s last meal 1

25 thoughts on “Quarantine issues

1. I think you can bring in things like Vegemite because it’s processed. You’ll have to leave plants and animals and meat at home, though.

The students in America have probably never tried a Vegemite sandwich before!

Mrs. Krebs

2. You can’t bring fruit either.

I often travel to California from Arizona, and at the state boarder they stop and ask about plants and fruit. If you happen to have some, they will ask where it came from and if it is on their approved list, then they will give you a paper verifying it’s been approved to enter the state.

What is Vegemite?

Kind regards,
    Mrs. Watanabe

3. Dear Mr. Davo,
    We are very curious about Vegemite. Is it like a jam or jelly? Is it sweet or bitter tasting? We know it does not smell good. Is it a breakfast or lunch food? Is the Vegemite lumpy? What are the ingredients to this food you love so much?
    From,
    Mrs. Bliss and class

4. Dear Mr. Devil

These statements wel very well written. I was wondering what Vegimate was? Is it like Jelly or Peanut Butter? When would you eat it for breakfast lunch or dinner?

From, Caroline

5. I love how intresting this is! Is vegimate good? Is it like a peanut butter? At most schools we are not allowed to bring or share annything that is containing peanut butter. Are alot of kids allergic to it?

6. Hi my name is Ed. I do not like vegemite but it might just be because I have only tried it once. I think the taste is to strong. How many places have you traveled to? Be sure to check out my blog at 2016ecs edu blogs.org

7. sup Mr. devil I like vegimite. Do you really eat it like we eat peanut butter? Are you from the south, I have never heard someone say reckon. vegimite is really salty. I really like your blog.

8. Hi thanks for bringing the Vegemite to are class we, all tried it and some kids liked it but some kids did not. i tried it but i did not like it at all it was way to salty for me!

9. Hello,
    Vegemite Is different to us because we are not use to the taste, some people liked It and some didn’t but thank you for offering the spread to us It was really neat.
    Julia