Oops! Sorry, officer

It has taken me a week to convince Miss W that I can write about what happened. We left Mrs Allen’s house at about 7.30am. Maybe we should have left 10 minutes earlier or later but …….

We were about 2 miles from the Indiana border when blue lights started flashing behind us. Miss W signalled and pulled over. The sheriff told her she had been speeding. What!! All these other cars and trucks had been passing us by at a rapid rate of knots yet Miss W got pulled over. Maybe again it was the California number plates. He said he clocked Miss W doing 62mph in a 55 mph zone. Well, Miss W wasn’t going to argue like she had seen some people do in the show  “Cops” on TV, but she was pretty sure in amongst the work zone area (55mph) there had been one sign that said 65mph maximum, 45mph minimum. Maybe that was where she got caught. Luckily Miss W was only given a warning and we were sent on our way again. Whenever we drive in a work zone since then, we drop down to the maximum speed, yet everyone else is still passing us by.

This was a long drive to Brooklyn, just outside of Cleveland, Ohio. We were on many tollroads where there were service plazas for petrol and food or else you got off the tollroad or turnpike as some of them were called to go and see the sights. We didn’t divert from Interstate 80; we wanted to get to see Miss W’s chat room friend Diane and her husband Charles.

Have your parents or a relative who drives had an incident like this with the local law enforcement?

3 thoughts on “Oops! Sorry, officer

1. Getting pulled over for doing 7mph over the speed limit isn’t right. That happened to me before but we were only going 2mph over. Isn’t that crazy? Sometiimes people get pulled over for the dumbest things. Well we cant help it.

2. @theresa, @2016ecs
    Well I must have been speeding a bit, but since then I have stuck to the speed limit all the way, even through work zones, and not been warned again. Even today, driving through parts of New York City other drivers were overtaking on very narrow work zone areas.