Monster Trucks With Luke

Last weekend I went home with Luke, a student in Mr. Salsich’s class. After we unpacked and settled in, Luke and I played some video games on his Playstation.

Playing Video Games

*

The next day we drove to New Jersey to watch “Monster Jam” – a monster truck show at the Izod Center. It was amazing! If you don’t know what a monster truck show is, it is an event where HUGE trucks race around a track and jump over ramps and cars. They even drive right over old cars!

A monster truck leaping over cars! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnyx/2223009181/in/photostream/

*

There is even a monster truck named Taz! Unfortunately, he wasn’t at Monster jam though 🙁

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukehollins/2264024808/sizes/m/in/photostream/

*

It was a lot of fun and I got a souvenir from the show.

Souvenir from "Monster Jam"

*

After the show we got to see the Empire State Building in New York City. We took a picture of it from across the Hudson River.

Empire State Building at Night

Then we drove back to Luke’s house in Connecticut. What an exciting day!

*

The next day was Superbowl Sunday! The New York Giants played the New England Patriots for the championship of American Football. I enjoyed watching the big game and seeing all the funny commercials. Luke’s family are New York Giants fans, so they were very happy when the Giants won.

Here I am in a Giants’ hat after their big victory:

The Giants won!

The game was exciting, but I think I’d still rather watch rugby – some of the rules in American Football were a little confusing!

*

I had a fantastic weekend with Luke and his family!

*

Have you ever been to a monster truck show?

Did you watch the Superbowl? 

5 thoughts on “Monster Trucks With Luke

1. G’day Davo and Luke,
    I am so glad you were careful when you were at the truck show. I would have hated to hear you were squashed under a huge tyre and become roadkill like your relatives are here in Tasmania.

I thought there was going to be snow up there in the North Eastern states of the USA?

2. Dear Mr Davo-Luke,

Great post! Yes, I have been to a monster truck show before. I thought it was awesome but my sister said that she was going to die of boredom.

Your friend,
    Joey

• Dear Joey,

That is why you do not bring girls to monster truck shows because they say it is boring but after a couple minutes they get sucked right into it then they might say it is awesome but if they don’t they are thinking it I think.

Your friend,
      Luke

3. Dear Luke,

I love your post.I have been to a lot of Monster Jam I think I have been to at least three of them.How much have you been to?

Your friend,
    Luke