We are travelling again

Miss W and I are off on our travels again. This time we have joined 33 other Tasmanians on a Wilson’s coach tour run by Garry and Sharon. We were picked up at Eastlands at 10am Saturday 27 September.

I think I might be the youngest person on this trip so I will have to make sure I am not noisy nor getting in the way of the walking sticks, frames and wheelchair.

Where are we going? Over Bass Strait on the Spirit of Tasmania, then straight through to Canberra, the capital city of Australia, then we are going to Hervey Bay to go whalewatching. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Picking up more people as we travelled north to Oatlands for lunch – delicious chicken crepe and a berry pancake. If this is how we are going to be fed on this trip, I am going to need to do some exercise when I get back.

Next stop an early evening meal at a hotel in East Devonport, then onto the boat and an overnight cruise to Melbourne. Miss W wasn’t sure if she would wake up on time, but when all the messages were finished at 6am, she was wide awake.

IMG_1993.JPG

We then had a long drive to Canberra, fuelling up at Wallan where we had a late breakfast. Through Victoria on the Hume Highway to the border towns of Albury/Wodonga. No this is not a border town like those in USA/Mexico but a town straddling the Murray River which forms part of the border between Victoria and New South Wales.

Lunch was at Gundagai, that famous town where the dog sits on the tucker box. Sharon told us the story but I am going to leave that to the readers to find out by searching the internet.

IMG_1995.JPG

Our final stop for the day was Canberra, our nation’s capital city. But another post will tell you about our time there.

One thought on “We are travelling again

1. Wow, Davo! Traveling again? What a lucky devil. 🙂

I look forward to seeing some pictures of whales after you go whale watching. Are there sharks in Hervey Bay? You better make sure to be careful, and don’t fall in. Miss W. would have to jump in after you. We wouldn’t want that.

Also, I looked up the story of the Tuckerbox dog. Very cool. I will have to share it with my daughter, Kat, who loves stories about loyal, faithful dogs.

Take care and have tons of fun,
    Ms. Mara